Bacon-wrapped, almond-stuffed Dates with Blue Cheese Dip
– Soak dates in orange juice bring to boil
– Drain dates and stuff each of them with an almond
– Wrap bacon around each date and hold them together with toothpicks
– Place onto baking sheet, add cracked pepper
Bake for 6 minutes on one side
and about 5 more minutes on the other side
2 ounces of Roquefort or Danish Blue Cheese
half cup olive oil mayonnaise
half cup of heavy cream
red wine vinegar
pinch of salt
We got to showcase this recipe on WBIR channel 10, a local NBC affiliate. Check it out!
Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Burger Sliders
– Patty out 3 oz. burgers and be sure not to handle excessively (key to working with natural grass-fed beef)
– Melt butter in skillet and sprinkle both sides of burgers with salt and pepper.
– Turn up to medium heat and cook burgers for approximately 4-5 minutes. Flip burgers and continue cooking until reaching desired internal temperature.
– Take burgers out of pan and set aside to let the meat rest.
– Melt a little more butter into skillet where burgers cooked and let melt. Throw diced onions into hot pan and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
– Add whiskey, but make sure to stand back in case it flames up and allow to cook out alcohol (approximately 3-4 minutes)
– Pour in homemade BBQ sauce or bottled (whichever you prefer).
– Add jalapenos to taste and stir to incorporate. Allow mixture to come to a simmer.
– Put burger patties into BBQ sauce and completely cover.
– Scoop out a burger dripping with yummy sauce and place onto freshly baked burger bun. ENJOY!
Check out the Savory and Sweet Truck on WBIR Channel 10’s morning show! We highlight our recipe for our Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Burger sliders featuring Strong Stock Farm Grass Fed local beef on local Flour Head Bakery buns!
Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder
-In a large stock pot, fry 2 strips of chopped smoked bacon until crispy on medium heat.
-Add chopped onion and chopped celery ribs. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
-Add all-purpose flour and continue stirring for another minute or two.
-Add whole milk and continue stirring while bringing to a boil.
-Add chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces, cubed potatoes & pack of frozen corn.
-Season with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste.
-Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender and chicken is fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
-To serve, ladle soup into bowl and top with shredded cheddar cheese and chives.
We got to showcase this recipe on WBIR channel 10, check out the video below!